This was the first solid food given to Joshua. He just loved it 🙂
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Roasted & Split Chick Peas
- 1 cup Milk
Method – To make Rice & Split Chick Peas powder :
- In a dry pan, roast Rice and Split Chick Peas in Medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Grind it until fine and store it in an airtight container.
To make Rice Porridge :
- Mix 2 – 3 table spoon of Rice powder in equal quantity of water / milk. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- While heating the milk, slowly add the Rice paste.
- Stir continuously until a fine porridge is formed.
This is an excellent source of Carbohydrates & Proteins.
- Always follow the Four day rule while introducing a new food to the baby.
- Milk / Rice powder proportions can be altered to suit the baby’s age.
- Rice is the least allergic food that you can offer your baby, however if your baby constipates, you can try Oats Porride. ( I will be posting it shortly!)